This 144 item assessment assesses 12 management competencies identified in several landmark studies of managerial excellence in organizations that include AT&T, Exxon, Martin Marietta and Ford.
Managing Your Job
- Managing and Prioritizing time
- Setting Goals and Standards
- Planning and Scheduling Work
Relating to Others
- Listening and Organizing
- Giving Clear Information
- Getting Unbiased Information
Building the Team
- Training, Coaching, and Delegating
- Appraising People and Performance
- Counseling and Disciplining
- Identifying and Solving Problems
- Making Decisions and Weighing Risks
- Thinking Clearly and Analytically
When to Use
- With all managers, supervisors, and team leaders who need to prioritize their development in 12 fundamental competencies.
- As an introductory training activity on management competencies to expose participants to the full breadth of important management behaviors.
- With supervisor or team leader candidates who need to development management skills.
- With supervisors or managers who are experiencing conflict or performance problems in their work unit and need to target development.
- As the center piece of a 1-day facilitated training workshop on management skills.
- Management feedback report — Includes a 10/10 report that lists your top ten strengths and top ten development needs, in rank order.
- Flexibility – This multi-rater assessment can be used as a leader’s self-assessment or with supervisors, peers, and direct reports for 360-degree feedback.
- Off-the-shelf training — There are separate ½ day, experiential workshops available through HRD Press for each of the 12 MEP competencies.
- Standardized — The Management Effectiveness questionnaire and report format is standardized with 9 different competency-based, online assessments that are part of this package. Standardized administration and report formats shorten the learning curve for participants who may use several of these assessments over the course of a year.
- Easy to administer – The online administrative component is easy for both administrators and participants, yet provides administrators key control over the distribution of results.
- Relevant feedback – Rather than providing just simple lists of strengths and weaknesses, the management effectiveness feedback report provides development needs imbedded in development planning templates that help make it easy for participants to take their next steps.
- Measures 12 core management competencies through 144 items, with either self or 360 degree feedback.
- Each behavioral item in the assessment is a positive management behavior.
- Worded in simple, understandable and behavioral terms allowing any participant, regardless of education or English language proficiency, to understand and provide accurate ratings.
- The report itself is broken into six smaller reports. Reports begin with summary competency scores and drill down to behavioral specifics including management tips for development and course and reading suggestions.
- In the online format, there is no limit to the number of raters who can be invited to provide feedback.