This 84 item behavioral assessment collects self or 360-degree feedback on communication competencies like empathizing, receiving the message, clarifying, understanding, “reading” non-verbal clues, giving and receiving feedback and transmitting your message.
When to Use
- With all employees for whom effective communication is important.
- As an introductory training activity on communication to expose participants to the full breadth of important communication behaviors.
- With sales people, customer service personnel, internal consultants, and managers who must communicate effectively to be effective in their jobs.
- With teams or departments that are experiencing communication problems.
- With any employees interested in mastering this most fundamental business skill.
- As the center piece of a 1-day facilitated training on communication.
- Communication feedback report — Includes a 10/10 report that lists your top ten strengths and top ten development needs, in rank order.
- Flexibility – This multi-rater assessment can be used as a leader’s self-assessment or with supervisors, peers, and direct reports for 360-degree feedback.
- Standardized — The Communication Effectiveness questionnaire and report format is standardized with 9 different competency based, online assessments that are part of this package. Standardized administration and report formats shorten the learning curve for participants who may use several of these assessments over the course of a year.
- Easy to administer – The online administrative component is easy for both administrators and participants, yet provides administrators key control over the distribution of results.
- Relevant feedback – Rather than providing just simple lists of strengths and weaknesses, the Communication Effectiveness feedback report provides development needs imbedded in development planning templates that help make it easy for participants to take their next steps.
- Measures 7 core communication competencies through 84 items, with either self or 360 degree feedback.
- Each behavioral item in the assessment is a positive communication behavior.
- Worded in simple, understandable and behavioral terms allowing any participant, regardless of education or English language proficiency, to understand and provide accurate ratings.
- The report itself is broken into six smaller reports. Reports begin with summary competency scores and drill down to behavioral specifics including communication tips for development and course and reading suggestions.
- In the online format, there is no limit to the number of raters who can be invited to provide feedback.